BasicsExchange Supervisory Authority
The Exchange Supervisory Office of the state of Hesse is in charge of market and legal supervision for FWB Frankfurter Wertpapierbörse (Frankfurt Stock Exchange). It is part of the Hessian Ministry for Economic Affairs, Transport and Regional Development.
Apart from the Sanctions Committee and the Executive Management of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange, the Exchange Supervisory Office may impose sanctions on market participants.
The main tasks of this institution are:
- supervision of the price formation processes
- investigation of violations of exchange regulations and
- development of preventive measures and supervision of proper trading of the exchange bodies.
- supervision of the market participants admitted to exchange trading and
- contributions to legislation and exchange policy.